Thanks for your support of our adoption journey. We would love for you to join us in praying that God would give us wisdom, patience and perseverance as we go through the process to adopt our children! We appreciate the many people walking this adoption journey with us in prayer! ~Jon & Bethany

March 1, 2011

REJOICING

We are REJOICING today!


 As we celebrate our first-born son turning ONE! What a wonderful year it has been! He is such a JOY!


We are REJOICING because we got news this morning that our friends, Ryan and Lesli, have PASSED the U.S. Embassy and will be traveling to pick up their son and bring him home this weekend or next!! Lesli's blog is one of the many adoption blogs I follow {http://www.flipflopsandlipgloss.blogspot.com/}, but more than that they are good friends from our college days at UK and Campus Crusade for Christ! And the Lord surprised them with blessing #2, who is due sometime in May, so these next couple weeks were the LAST weeks that Lesli's doctors were going to let her travel because of her pregnancy!
So, when I got the news from Jon this morning I PRAISED THE LORD and cried tears of JOY for Ryan and Lesli! I mean, talk about God's MERCY and His perfect timing!! I am so relieved for her that she doesn't have to send her husband on a plane all by himself to bring their son home on an 18 hour plane ride! And I'm so thrilled for her to get to go back to her son's birth country one last time! And be part of the whole "Bringing Him Home" experience!!!!
Ahh... God is soo good to His children! He really does "work all things together to for good for those who love Him, for those He has called according to His purpose" (Romans 8:28)!!


Oh yes, there's more- we are also REJOICING with our friends Dave & Stacey from our church!! They also passed the U.S. Embassy and are going to Ethiopia to bring their son and daughter home!!!!!!!!!!!


Hearing all this good news from Ethiopia is so encouraging to me, especially in the midst of all the uncertainty over there right now. Thank you Lord, for sending me love & encouragement through the Godly people around me!!


And I was touched by the story and the photos of this adorable little guy. And I love this quote on one of the pictures, I've never seen it before, but will definitely be adding it to my prayer journal!


"I didn't give you the gift of life,
But in my heart I know,
The love I feel is deep and real,
As if it had been so.
For us to have each other
Is like a dream come true.
No, I didn't give you the gift of life,
Life gave me the gift of you."

Love it! Happy 1st Birthday Jonah bug!
 ~Bethany (Mommy)

No comments:

Post a Comment