Thanks for your support of our adoption journey. We would love for you to join us in praying that God would give us wisdom, patience and perseverance as we go through the process to adopt our children! We appreciate the many people walking this adoption journey with us in prayer! ~Jon & Bethany

November 8, 2012

breaking the silence

Wow. I can't believe it is already November. I cannot believe that we started the adoption process a few months before our firstborn turned 1 and he is now over 2 and a half. I cannot believe that in a little over a month we will hit the milestone of being "in the adoption process" for two years. And most days I cannot believe that we have 2 legally adopted children in the DRC who have both been missing for months.

But all of these things are true, no matter how hard they are for me to believe. Yet I also know that God's word is true. And although I have no idea what He is doing right now, I trust that His ways are higher than our ways & I just simply couldn't comprehend it even if He did try to explain it all to me. So I trust Him. And I trust that His word is true when it says,
"I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to seperate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."  Romans 8:37-39
and
 "Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him." James 1:12
and
"For this light, momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison." 2 Corinthians 4:17
and
"The Lord watches over the sojourners; he upholds the widow and the fatherless, but the way of the wicked he brings to ruin." Psalm 146:9

Trusting the Lord & fighting for joy in the midst of this trial,
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. There is hardly a day that I do not think about your requests to Him. I lift you all up, those 2 babies, whomever they are, wherever they are and pray that His will shall be opened very soon, so that you can begin not the adoption process, but the loving, caring hands on process~ Love and Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet friend, I cannot imagine your grief, confusion and long journey for contined joy in the midst of sadness. I did it for 7+ months with Briar..I just can't imagine the unending....you are so faithful and the Lord loves seeing you turning the Glory back to him. I couldn't be any more proud to know you. Thanks for turning all of this back to the Lord. You are awesome!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bethany, we are praying for your family. I know this must be difficult. We are praying that you find your hope and joy in Christ. As Paul says, "May the Lord direct your hearts to the love of God and to the steadfastness of Christ." 2 Thess 3:5. And "now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace at all times in every way. The Lord be with you all." 2 Thess 3:16 Sister, we are praying for your family. He is Able and Faithful. He is with you. Praying with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We started in the same program as you around the same time. We moved programs a few times as you remained in this program... but ultimately, we are in the same place. Two years have gone by and our adoption is also not complete. I feel your pain and I am so sorry. I can't imagine wondering where your legally adopted children are in the DRC. I am so sorry. I am right there praying with you for those children to be found now.

    ReplyDelete