Thanks for your support of our adoption journey. We would love for you to join us in praying that God would give us wisdom, patience and perseverance as we go through the process to adopt our children! We appreciate the many people walking this adoption journey with us in prayer! ~Jon & Bethany

January 15, 2011

Baby Steps

We are making baby steps of progress this week in our adoption!!

1. We sent off for certified copies of our birth and marriage certificates for our dossier

2. We applied and were accepted by our Home Study agency, Adoption Assistance!

3. We filled out the application for the agency we are pretty sure we're going to use.

4. I have my passport ready to mail in to get my name changed on it (it still has my maiden name from our honeymoon). Apparently, if I had done the name change within the 1st year it would be free, but since I didn't know that and waited, now it's going to cost me $110. boo.


We have spent $157 so far on the first 2 steps, and will owe $250 when we mail in our application to our agency. And $110 for my passport update. The little things are already starting to add up.

We are going to try to do a fundraiser soon. We'd love to hear suggestions if you have any ideas!

And now to bring my mind back to what is true, right, and honorable:

"Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world." - James 1:27

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you! :) We are finishing our home study tomorrow.....and we are so excited for what is to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brooke!! Can't believe your home study is done!! That's awesome!! We are so excited for you guys {and for our kids to be best buds & neighbors @ Kalmia Farms ;)}

    ReplyDelete