Thanks for your support of our adoption journey. We would love for you to join us in praying that God would give us wisdom, patience and perseverance as we go through the process to adopt our children! We appreciate the many people walking this adoption journey with us in prayer! ~Jon & Bethany

January 21, 2011

(Almost) Home Study Ready!

We have had a wonderfully busy week getting things ready for our Home Study so we can do our first interviews soon. We only have a few things left to check off the list!

-Jon had his medical forms completed yesterday, and I have my doctor's appointment today.

-We already received our birth and marriage certificates from KY. (still waiting on mine. Yes, I have lived in Louisville my whole life, but this may come as a shock to some: I was born in Illinois and lived there a whole 6 weeks before moving to Louisville.)

- Got "good standing" letter from our bank

- Sent my passport in to be updated. (I was sort of putting it off because I really didn't want to write that check for $110. I keep kicking myself for not getting my name updated the year we got married because it would have been FREE! Grr.)

-Sent off for background checks to all the states my hubby has lived in during the last 10 years: IN & SC.
We had to pay about $20 per state to get a paper that said "nothing." There is nothing on his criminal record anywhere. (I guess I should be relieved that he isn't and never has been a criminal. haha)

- Went on a date for our 4th Wedding anniversary and ended up looking at baby name books in a bookstore. I think we finally found two we can both agree on... =) But we're not telling YET. =)

I also just want to mention this so I don't forget. We have been SO blessed to get to meet with 5 couples this month who are going through the adoption process for Ethiopia right now or who have already adopted children from Ethiopia. Four of the families adopted a boy and girl under 2 through the same agency we're using, so we have been so blessed by them sharing their experience and have gleaned MUCH wisdom. We feel much better prepared for the process and know a little more what to expect.

We know that, much like the 9 months of pregnancy, the adoption journey will  have its ups and downs, highs and lows, Joys and Pains, and in the end it will ALL BE WORTH IT!


Please feel free to check out my Etsy store to SHOP to support our Adoption! I have cute new handmade satin flower headbands for adults, and lots of hair bows, headbands, pacifier clips, Key Fobs, nursing covers, and more. And the best part is that 100% of the profits from the store go directly in our Adoption Fund!

No comments:

Post a Comment