Thanks for your support of our adoption journey. We would love for you to join us in praying that God would give us wisdom, patience and perseverance as we go through the process to adopt our children! We appreciate the many people walking this adoption journey with us in prayer! ~Jon & Bethany

July 13, 2011

Our Both Hands Project Recap

The Lord gave us beautiful weather this past Saturday for our Both Hands project!! The perfect number of people were able to come help (totally the Lord) knock out our "to-do list" for Mrs. Denise home. Here's a video we made to recap our day. We hope you enjoy it!
Both Hands is a non-profit helping orphans and widows. Our team of friends and family sent letters out asking people to sponsor them (like a 5k,etc) as we work on a widow's home for a day. My husband and I covered the costs of all the supplies for the day. ALL of the money raised goes directly to our adoption costs!

A BIG THANKS to:
 *Home Depot for donating $100 in gift cards & giving us 20% off everything else
 *Chic-Fil-A for donating Chicken sandwiches for our whole team
*Starbucks for donating lots of coffee to get us ready for the day
*Walmart for donating $25 to help cover the cost of drinks for the team

You can also view the video online @ http://youtu.be/HQR-dZQQ8hk


**There are details at the end of the video if you or someone you know would like to support our adoption!!
* You can make a tax-deductible donation online by clicking the Donate button next to the "Meacham family" project details at www.lifesongfororphans.org/bhProj.html

Hope you had a great weekend!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Such a precious video & project Bethany!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bethany, I just ran across your blog while searching for a new Africa with John 14:18 on it. I realized that the one I have on my blog says John 14:16--not good! :c) Do you mind if I copy that picture and use it on my blog? Also, I noticed you are from KY...we are in Louisville and are adopting from Ethiopia (have been on the waiting list for almost a year). I also know Brooke a little bit from college so we may have crossed paths there as well...small world. Anyways, blessings to you on your journey..I know it is an emotional rollercoaster and I pray you see your precious child soon! Kelly (www.joshandkelly.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bethany, I would love to hear any advice you may have as we are beginning our Both Hands journey. We're from Louisville also, and adopting from Ethiopia :) God bless you and your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete