Well friends, we are officially "expecting"....
a referral any day!!!
Here's a little summary of some of the things we learned during our chat:
- Our trip to Congo is going to be expensive (hotels are $100-$400 US per night!; Translators are over $100/day; Taxis are $100/day; You can see how this can add up!)
- The trip to pick up our children will be around a week, it does look like we are going to travel, but an escort is still an option. (We're praying for more wisdom in this decision!)
- There were a total of 50 adoptions out of the DRC in 2010. (It is still a very new country. There were over 2,500 adoptions from Ethiopia to the US last year.)
- We need to file our I600A asap, which will cost another several hundred dollars
- We need to send $3200 to our agency this week
- We will owe around $16,000 once we receive our referrals (this covers attorney & in-country fees,etc)
So, how can you help?
Please PRAY that the Lord would PROVIDE the finances for our adoption expenses!
PRAY that we would get approved for at least one matching-grant that we are applying for!
PRAY for us to rely on the Lord alone, and not on our own strength or humans means to provide for us!
PRAY for us as we prepare to see the Faces of our children in the next month!
PRAY for our children, that they would be protected from harm, disease & hunger!
And you can help us spread the word about our Adoption Fundraising shirts! We're asking for at least a $20 donation per shirt. We have about 85 left, sizes Adult Small through XXL.
To ORDER, you can send me a fb message or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and tell me what size & color you'd prefer! Then we'll work out a way for you to get your shirt.
Thank you for all your prayers!! Am I wondering where we are going to come up with all this money? YES! But I am trying to dwell on these verses & let my requests be made known to God, who provides for our every need! I can have a peace that surpasses understanding about our adoption finances because I know they are in the hands of the Creator of the Universe! Nothing is too big or too trivial for Him & I am asking Him to provide so that we can RESCUE & LOVE children who are made in His image. He is for orphans and adoption!
"If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?" Romans 8:31-32
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phillipians 4:6-7