Thanks for your support of our adoption journey. We would love for you to join us in praying that God would give us wisdom, patience and perseverance as we go through the process to adopt our children! We appreciate the many people walking this adoption journey with us in prayer! ~Jon & Bethany

June 14, 2011

God leading us to our little guy

So about a month ago Jon & I had the opportunity to meet our director in person while she was in town for the Orphan Summit. During our meeting with her she showed us pictures from her trip to Congo, including the hotels to stay at, "Mama's Esther's" orphanage where our kiddos will be transitioned to, the local chimpanzee orphanage, and other pictures around Kinshasa. Then she showed us pictures of 3 children who were though to be around 6 months old. None of them had passed a medical exam yet, so they could not officially be referred to a family, but there they were.... we saw their precious faces. 2 of the pictures were marked with an "m" for male or "f" for female, but the third had a 5 letter word that started with f- so our director told us she wasn't sure if it was a male or female. She thought probably female because it started with F, and thought the rest might be a typo.

Can't show off his adorable face yet because he's not offically adopted yet.
 Well I looked at this picture over & over for the next week (she let us upload her pics onto a flash drive to take home). Every time I stared at the precious face of this child I just knew it had to be a boy. So one night about 2 weeks ago I prayed. I prayed that this child was in fact a boy and I asked the Lord that he would be our son.
  "Until now you have asked nothing in my name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full." -John 16:24
Our God hears the prayers of His people! The very next day we got an email from our director explaining that the child in that picture was a BOY and that the five letter word that began with F was his name! I remember Thanking & PRAISING the Lord all day! He heard me. God is amazing, not only has be bought me with the blood of His Son, sought after me when I was running in rebellion away from Him, and brought me to new life as a new creation in Christ... I mean all of that is mercy & grace beyond anything that I (or any sinner) deserve!! But He doesn't stop there:
"The LORD is far from the wicked,  but he hears the prayer of the righteous." Proverbs 15:29

How amazing is He? Ever since that day 2 weeks ago we have been praying for that little boy and the little girl to pass their medicals. And the Lord has been faithful to hear again!! All this answered prayer is fueling me to pray more for our children and the rest of our adoption process & fundraising, etc!!

{Just to clarify- I have NO righteousness of my own. I, like all humans ever born, am a sinner. If I was not a believer in Jesus alone for my salvation I know that my sin would hide God's face from me so that He wouldn't hear me. "But your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, and your sins have hidden his face from you so that he does not hear" (Isaiah 59:2). My righteousness before the Lord is based on CHRIST ALONE. I gave my life to Christ. He is my Savior & the Lord of my life, so know I have imputed righteousness from him. This is why we covet the prayers of BELIEVERS. We know that God hears the prayers of the righteous! And we also know that some people who say that they are "praying for us" have not given their lives to Christ & therefore God does not hear them.}

Praising the Lord for our referral of this adorable little boy that I just knew had to be a boy and that I asked God to place in our family! Now we are busy praying for a beautiful little girl who is also around 6 months old to pass her medical so she officially be waiting to become a part of our family too!!!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. That is really wonderful! Praying with you for your growing family! I have a good friend who is wanting to adopt internationally...I suggested the Congo to her..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love it! Goosebumps. God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO SO excited for you, friend!!! You are awesome and just trusting God's provisions for your children and your life!! I cannot wait to meet them!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete