Thanks for your support of our adoption journey. We would love for you to join us in praying that God would give us wisdom, patience and perseverance as we go through the process to adopt our children! We appreciate the many people walking this adoption journey with us in prayer! ~Jon & Bethany

May 23, 2011

Walking Hand in Hand

May 19th was a GREAT day! Let me tell you why it was such a great day...

In the midst of our basement flooding/mold/termites/Rotted Wood FIASCO, the Lord has KINDLY and MERCIFULLY heard our cries!
We met with some of our Both Hands team on Thursday night & were encouraged that others are excited to serve this widow to support our adoption like we are! After the meeting wrapped up, we were hanging out with a few friends and their sweet kiddos who are all around Jonah's age when we found out some more GOOD NEWS...

We were approved for a $5,000 MATCHING GRANT from Hand In Hand!!!!!!!! This is exactly what we have been praying for! We know that the Lord hears, but wow. This is such a SWEET and GRACIOUS provision from the Lord! It is amazing and encouraging to see the Lord MOVING to help us RESCUE 2 ORPHANS and expand our family through our Congolese adoptions!

So we are now busy trying to let people know about this great opportunity to support our adoption & have their contribution DOUBLED! I would love to give $25 knowing that it will become $50, or give $50 knowing it will become $100, etc to any of our friends adopting! Please pray that the Lord would provide $5,000 for this matching grant, so that we will get the full $10,000!!
We are praying that the Lord would move quickly because the letter stated that "All donated monies must be in our HANDinHAND office or postmarked by June 30, 2011 to be considered in the dollar for dollar match for your specific grant. "
*If you would like to contribute to our dollar for dollar Matching Grant, you can mail your check made payable to "Hand in Hand Christian Adoption" to:
Hand in Hand Christian Adoption, Inc.
Jonathan & Bethany Meacham
18524 Juniper Street
Gardner, KS 66030-9147
**For tax purposes please include our name on the OUTSIDE of the ENVELOPE ONLY. Do NOT put our name on the check itself!
** Make sure it is postmarked by June 30, 2011!

Thank you for your prayful consideration in helping two orphans find a forever family!
And please be praying for Jon & I as we have some big decisions to make in the coming days, more on that soon! =)
 I'll leave you with one of my favorite hymns which recently had me in tears, reflecting on the INCREDIBLE mercy of the Lord in saving me when I was 20 years old! And adopting ME as His own.

It is Well with My Soul

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
when sorrows like sea billows roll;
whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say,
It is well, it is well with my soul.
Refrain:
It is well with my soul,
it is well, it is well with my soul.

2. Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
let this blest assurance control,
that Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
and hath shed his own blood for my soul.
(Refrain)

3. My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!
(Refrain)

4. And, Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
the clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
the trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
even so, it is well with my soul.
(Refrain)
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Awesome news!!! cannot wait to hear more about it tonight :)

    ReplyDelete